In 2004, the ACCORD Aluminium Transformation Niche of Excellence was allocated to the Saguenay—Lac-Saint-Jean region.
The ACCORD and Aluminium Valley Society’s mandates being complementary, AVS was designated to coordinate their joint efforts.
Learn more about the ACCORD Program. See the annual reports.
The Aluminium Transformation Niche of Excellence has many benefits for regional enterprises:
- Action plan designed to meet entrepreneur needs.
- Strong and dynamic aluminium industry development partnerships.
- Promotion of Aluminium Valley enterprises across Quebec and globally.
- Strong support organization.
- Easy access to R&D networks.
- Access to qualified labour through worker training and professional improvement programs developed within the framework of the ACCORD Program.