The Aluminium Valley® is :
- Over one hundred dynamic companies supported by a robust partnering network.
- World-class second and third transformation companies and OEMs.
- Over 7,000 direct jobs and 30,000 indirect jobs.
An ideal geographical location
- Raw material available in many forms and alloy types, including molten aluminium.
- An industrial transportation system across North America (highways, 3 commercial airports, freight-specialized railroad connected to the main North American networks, and 2 deep-water seaports).
- Low renewable energy – hydroelectric power.
- An accessible network of natural gas
Specialized professional, technical and university training
- University: Aluminium, computer, mechanical, and electrical engineering graduate and post-graduate programs.
- College: Technical programs in metallurgy, civil engineering, industrial electronics, mechanics, chemistry, analytical chemistry, and industrial engineering.
- Vocation Training: Welding and fitting, foundry metallurgy, machining techniques, machine-tool work, and more.
Up to 400 aluminium research specialists
- NRC Aluminium Technology Centre
- University aluminium research centre
- Arvida R&D Centre
- Extrusion Transfer CentreCentre of Expertise and Innovation on Aluminum
- Friction-stir welding centre at UQAC
- Automated production centre
- Altec research consortium
Unique services and exclusive services for the development of aluminium-related ventures
- Aluminium Valley Society
- Centre québécois de recherche et développement de l’aluminium
- Trans-Al Network